Friday, February 8, 2008

Drink of the Week: The Agent Zero


This comes from an overly revealing interview in Men’s Health with Washington Wizard’s star Gilbert Arenas aka The Black President aka Hibachi aka The East Coast Assassin aka Agent Zero.

When asked what his favorite drink was Gilbert replied
"I order a Corona and a Shirley Temple, then mix them 50-50 in an extra glass. I've been doing it for about a year now. It tastes like a sweet Corona. I call it the Agent Zero."



So in honor of Gilbert, here’s a “recipe” for the Agent Zero:

  • One Corona
  • One Shirley Temple
    • 4 ounces Ginger Ale
    • 2/3 ounce Grenadine
    • 2 ounces Orange Juice
    • Build in a highball glass. Add Ginger Ale and orange juice over ice and sprinkle grenadine over it.
  • Pour into extra highball glass- 1 part Corona, 1 part Shirley Temple
  • Stir
  • Garnish with a lemon slice and cherry
I'm kind of interested in how that would actually taste- I guess I'll have to make one for myself unless somehow there's a bartender in this town who happens to be a huge and obsessive NBA fan and would whip one up for me.

And as always drink responsibly and remember to shave with new razors

(Image source)

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: