Friday, January 2, 2009

Funky Cold Medina

So Vh1 Classic is doing a 2009 for 2009 video marathon where they're going to play 2009 straight videos (in alphabetical order! for those obsessives among us) and it is pretty clearly the greatest thing ever. It's like if someone created the wheel, except if that wheel was made of sliced bread; anyway it's awesome and you should all be watching it and it's just begging for a far braver and wittier soul to give it the Beavis & Butthead" or MST treatment. (like i mean for this video of Ray Parker Jr's "Ghostbusters"- that's ripe for mocking. Watch it... "Busting makes me feel good" I'm sure it does Ray, I'm sure it does)

But anyway I was watching it and on came Tone Loc's classic (and only hit?) Funky Cold Medina, and it put me in the mind of something I used to do in the before time of this site; encourage alcoholism with fun and different cocktail recipes-woo! And in case you don't know the song, here it is (and don't mind the blatant trans/homophobial the 80s weren't all together perfect)




and for you all, here is apparently all you need (minus whatever gives it that bubbly cauldron vibe- dry ice would probably work I guess)

Funky Cold Medina
1 oz vodka
1 oz Southern Comfort
1 oz peach liqueur
1 oz blue curacao liqueur
top with cranberry juice
top with ice

Pour over ice and top off with cranberry juice.
Serve in "Mason Jar"

I wonder what to add to make a Funky Warm Medina*...it's been snowing off and on for weeks, and that's just not ok.

*though after a few of those I think anyone is gonna be feeling quite warm and funky

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: